Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediKnife

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2020
Will Apple make new colors for AWU bands?
I just got my Apple Watch Ultra following my ti Edition S6 and I really like it; also got the midnight Ocean Band and it’s even better than I thought it would be, however the midnight color is not as versatile as just black or dark gray would be so I am hoping they launch some new colors. Just curious about your best guesses here.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Usually bands get spring updates - so guess there could be some new AWU bands as well. Would love a black Alpine loop (even though my hopes aren’t high with apples weird love for the midnight as a replacement for all things black)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Most likely during the spring event along with all the other bands. I'm also hoping they release a new band altogether. I already have all 3 AWU bands and would love another AWU specific option.

Reactions: JediKnife and xDKP

JediKnife

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2020
I really like the ocean band. I bought a black non-Apple ocean band from Amazon and the quality is noticeably less than the original apple; the material is too stretchy, the titanium strap keeper is not precisely fit together, and worst of all a sloppy fit where they attach to the watch.

Reactions: xDKP

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I really like the ocean band. I bought a black non-Apple ocean band from Amazon and the quality is noticeably less than the original apple; the material is too stretchy, the titanium strap keeper is not precisely fit together, and worst of all a sloppy fit where they attach to the watch.
Looked at a black Alpine but my fear for crappy quality is holding me back

Reactions: BlackBun

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Looked at a black Alpine but my fear for crappy quality is holding me back
The 3rd party alpine loops are pretty good, actually. I have a slate blue one from Amazon that I love. It's not too far off from my Apple starlight loop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.