New commercial I did

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by toenexx, Jul 12, 2007.

1. toenexx macrumors member

UPDATE! Here's another commercial, this time for Toyota, green light if you guys like it!!
    LINK

Being a first time mac owner (a Macbook Pro), i recently made a commercial with it!

Here's the link:
    LINK

Tell me what you guys think, and if you like it, give it a yes vote :D Thanks!

2. Osprey macrumors 6502

I like it and gave it a yes vote. Pretty cool and it is amazing to see what you can do with these computers. Thanks for sharing. How long have you had your Macbook Pro? Did you find the transition to a new OS too difficult? I have been waiting since June 5th for the one I ordered and since it is taking so long, I really am hoping it is a smooth transition.

3. toenexx thread starter macrumors member

I've had it since June 15th, and so far it's been perfect. I intially was a PC user but going to college in Savannah (which has mixtures of Macs and PCs) made me use both a Mac and PC due to software, so getting use to the new OS was not bad... even from the start of using a Mac. So far, haven't looked back. Right now, if I need to run a PC program, I launch VMWare or Boot camp and use it like any other pc. So far, 20 out of 10 stars!

4. Osprey macrumors 6502

We only use machines with XP at work and I have a lot of responsibility in keep various programs up and running at work. I hope switching between the two OSs will not be too confusing. I am on vacation and was hoping to get the new machine so that I would have some down time from using XP while trying to learn all the new stuff. I guess that is one of the reasons I have been so anxious to get it. Doesn't seem like mine will ever be delivered.

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Very nice indeed!

Just out of curiosity, what programs do you used to make the commercial?

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

awesome! i love the spinning in the first couple of seconds. Very smooth. One thing i didn't like is the short shot of the products at the end. I didn't have time to look at the pic, and then the text underneath it.

I still wouldn't buy loreal stuff though. adverts just don't work on me.

7. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Very nice, I really like it.

Not what I would expect for a cosmetics commercial, but none the less it is awesome.

8. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Wow, thought I was watching a TV commercial there before it would show me the one you made, I was very impressed!

9. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Great work, I really like the flow, style and colour being used. The only thing is that some of the text towards the end of the ad is a little hard to read (light on light isn't good). Besides that, it looks very cool congrats :cool:

10. toenexx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, glad u all liked it. I used Maya 8.5 for the 3D, modeling, and animation work and After Effects 7 for the coloring and post production effects. Anyways, if guys have time to sign up, vote yes for it! ;)

Oh, I also forgot to mention.. I used GarageBand for the music and sound effects.. quite an underrated program.

P.S. Also, if you check the description, I put a link to a higher quality version. Current's compressing methods destroys some of the detail and quality, bleeeh

11. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Very nice, so are you going to college for advertising/animation? I heard good things about Savannah. Was one of my choices but it's pretty far away from me.

12. toenexx thread starter macrumors member

I'm actually majoring in Visual Effects, but I'm starting to branch off into broadcast and motion graphics stuff because of friends. Unfortunately, our VSFX department seems to be in the hell hole atm due to professors quitting.

13. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

14. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Your new link doesn't work.

Great commercial. :)

15. toenexx thread starter macrumors member

16. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I like it. It's trendy and kitschy, your use of color and texture is great. The hardest things to model are humans, and it was kind of apparent that you took a shortcut, but it was still cute, and definitely still amazing for the timeframe and artistic/aesthetic creativity! The Prius commercial was also great--I liked the merging of textures like in an imaginary universe and the changes of axis. It was a bit barebones though, like too much time was spent on each little vignette. Still, as a proof of concept for commercial video creation, rather than literal marketing, it was an excellent show. Hit up some marketing classes. :)

Also, Prius isn't exactly natural unless you have $20k of Li-Ion battery upgrades for a plug-in system, tires not made from petroleum, synthetic oil that gets 100% recycled, and it was somehow manufactured using all renewable, sustainable energy like wind, water, or solar power--and I'm guessing you don't. ;)