New Commerical idea for Apple and AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NinjaKid, Dec 16, 2009.

1. NinjaKid macrumors member

Today Verizon issued a service update for the Storm line of phones that once updated, it removes all the search options from the browser except for Bing. According to RIM this was done at a request from Verizon due to they signed a exclusive agreement as the search engine provider.
    Due to Verizon taking away all your search options and forcing you to use bing, Apple or AT&T should make a new commercial with something in the line that We have a search option for you.

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Ugh.. I'm so tired of the immaturity on both of their parts. I enjoyed the more bars in more places and the dude with the glasses more than this drama.

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Got a link showing RIM saying that? Thanks!

I've read a different story... that both VZW and RIM deny doing it... which, if true, simply means some poor programmer is getting roasted over the coals for goofing up the update.

It just seems unbelievable that VZW would be so buddy-buddy with Google over Android, and yet lock the Storm into Bing, even nice as it is.

4. The General macrumors 601

I would rage so hard if that happened to Safari on my iPhone.

Bing is terrible.

5. NinjaKid thread starter macrumors member

Reply to question

Nope I don't have a link this was told to me on the phone while in a conference call with Verizon and Rim, The Verizon tech told me to wipe the phone and do not restore it since the problem is a corrupt service book. I said no to this since a online search as of 2 days ago shows just about everyone running into this problem. The tech said he had a storm2 and he has all search options, I told him to do a service book update which he said makes no sense it would not cause a problem but to humor me he would. After a few moments he came back and said oh my god everything is gone so he called a supervisor and conferenced in RIM. After 45 mins on the phone the RIM tech made his statement and the Verizon supervisor was able to confirm this as fact.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Everything I seen on about it is it clearly is VZW doing it and not RIM. The evedence supports RIM cases because the only BB effected are all on Verizon. VZW is of course going to play dumb on it but it is clearly VZW doing. All the carries push crap out to the BB. A lot of us BB users have a hidden folder call crap/junk that we put it all in never to be seen again.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No way verizon would do something like that right?:rolleyes:
    You figured it out, it's a programmers fault. Make no mistake, things like that are not random or just a mistake, there's contracts and big money involved in a decision like that.

8. calvy macrumors 65816

9. ChevyMan macrumors newbie

Coming from the locked down iPhone platform, this is funny.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Troll.......

11. NinjaKid thread starter macrumors member

What?

Hummm I don't think I have ever seen Apple or AT&T take an option away from the Iphone because they don't want you to have it. Yes, the Iphone is locked down this is done to keep the system stable and protected. Verizon Locks out GPS devices unless you pay extra for service, they take away your search options and toss a crappy one at you in which they then say Oh look at how great Bing is usage is up dramatically well DUH yea it is you force everyone to use it which is typical Microsloth. Hey if we cant make it better buy them out and kill the product, if we cant do a search better pay to make the others go away yes I am a PC tell me what to do and what I can use because when it comes to options well we don't need no stinking options.

12. kzoojason76 macrumors member

How about the Google Voice app "GV Mobile"?? It was in the app store, and then pulled out.

13. NinjaKid thread starter macrumors member

The Diffrence

There is a difference between an APP and a phone function. I have a Iphone and a Blackberry 8330 which has GPS built in but Verizon wont let you use it unless you pay them a fee for VZnavigator while other carriers let you use it with no extra charge. The search options built into the browser are not something you install they are a function of the phone and verizon pulled the search options off the phone locking you into one they make money on which happens to be on the device you paid for.
    With the google APPS, apple claims that when the problems are fixed in the software it will be released, the problem with the google app is that for the most part is breaks the video voice mail app from working the way it was made to work. If google didn't change core functions of the phone it might have had its software on sale already.
    At least with the Iphone and AT&T you can use the hardware you purchased as it was meant to be used. Buying a phone from Verizon is buying handicapped hardware and they feel they can do whatever they wish to your equipment. I would like to know how people would feel when Verizon puts the iphone on sale and you find out that if you want to use GPS its an extra 9.99 a month or if you all of a sudden find apps being removed from the phone because verizon doesn't want you to use it, lets remember what happened to the Amazon Kindle when they removed the book that they sold by mistake. Well that is the sort of thing Verizon has shown to do over and over.
    I am not saying they don't have bad phone service because they are top notch, I never have call problems with my blackberry like I do with the iphone, actually in the last 4 months I have owned the iphone I have only used 6 mins of phone time on it and had 2 drops and it just plain sucks, I use it for data on a app I need for work. The only calls I get on the iphone these days are telemarketers and wrong numbers.