New Computer, Need Some Syncing Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Snowman3459, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Ok so my old PC was a piece of crap so I decided too buy a new one (also a PC). Problem is that everything on my iphone is from that computer. I'm almost afraid to sync it to the new computer because I'm pretty sure just about everything will be deleted.

So therefore, what do I do? From what I've heard Apple doesn't make this very simple. This new computer is now my primary so I need all my data on it.

2. Dnix macrumors 6502

If you're going PC to Mac, I'd be more worried.

But PC to PC, I don't think you'll have a problem dude.

I've moved an iPhone from Mac to Mac no prob. All it does is sync and backup your stuff and you're ready to go.

Can't imagine the Windows iTunes is any different. But don't quote me on that. ;)

3. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I heard it deletes pretty much everything on your iPhone. I don't know how much truth there is to that though.

4. Dnix macrumors 6502

If its gonna erase anything, it would probably inform you and want confirmation before doing so.

But when I moved from an iMac to the Mac tower, literally all it did was backup to the new iTunes library. It didn't touch a thing on the phone. I logged in my Apple ID and confirmed who I was, linking all my stuff. And that was it.

5. tonydeli7 macrumors newbie

tonydeli7

Here is what I did: