New computer... Worried to sync my iPhone to it.

iHalo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Hey everyone, I just upgraded my 3 year old MacBook to a MacBook Pro. I stored my iTunes files (apps, movies, television shows, and songs) on an external, so I just copied the files over.

When I sync my iPhone 4, what will happen to it? Will the contacts sync? What about the photos? Will I lose all my texts? I'd just like to not go into this blind.

ccolaco

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Well if you backed up your entire iTunes folder.. Usually located in Home Folder>Music>iTunes, then everything should be the way it was before once you copy onto your new machine in the same directory.

iHalo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Even my contacts? Because my new computer doesn't have any contacts in the address book.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Even my contacts? Because my new computer doesn't have any contacts in the address book.
It will after you sync. It’s a fairly painless process. Even if you managed to screw it up, you still have the back up (and I guess even the MB). You’ll be fine. I’ve synced my iPhone to multiple computers and never lost a thing (and I didn’t go so far as to copy the iTunes folder over, just my library after consolidating).

iHalo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Just did the sync, it was indeed painless. Thanks a lot everyone!