New Computers?!?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PecanEater, Apr 11, 2007.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I love my ipod and I think iphones and iTVs are great but when are we going to get some new computers? How long do I have to wait to see a new iMac or MacBook Pro or even better an Ultra Portable Laptop?

What's the latest rumor? Will we have to wait until the WWDC in June for new computers?

2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

WWDC 07 or slightly before.

At this point IMO it would be kind of pointless to release and update and then 60 days later do it again with Santa Rosa.

3. atomantiumx macrumors newbie

When is Santa Rosa due to hit the market?

After reading about Leopard being delayed until October I'm running out of time to wait around for a new Mac. My PowerBook G4 has served me well through 2 deployments over the past 3 years, so I want a MacBook Pro that will live up the reputation of my current workhorse. The Santa Rosa model sounds promising, I just wonder about the graphics capabilities? A 512MB Nvidia graphics card would be awesome! :D So has anyone heard anything about a release timeline from Intel or Apple? :confused:

Since Apple is delaying the most anticipated and hyped release of OSX over the iPhone, so why not give me a real incentive to buy a new Mac by offering a free upgrade to Leopard?

Leopard was the frosting on the cake to buying a new Mac this spring, now I have to wait around while a new phone gets all the hype. Suddenly I'm beginning to feel like a PC user again. :(