New Conflict with ActivateMMS2G and enabling apple battery % toggle via SSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tomass389, Jul 8, 2009.

1. tomass389 macrumors member

Long story short, Installed BossPrefs, it was buggy and phone felt slower, unistalled, but wasn't sure what other packages came with it and phone still felt slower so I did a restore and JB/Unlock...

Before this happened I had all these working great, MMS with quality fix for TMobile and I enabled the battery percentage by editing the M68A plist file via SSH...

Now, once I get MMS working and try for the battery, the battery works but all my MMS stuff disappears. Try to re-do MMS and batt % disappears... What the heck?

Any ideas or tips?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Try doing a hard reboot (hold the home/lock button till the phone restarts and shows the apple logo), then if that doesn't work I suppose you should rejailbreak and get the battery percentage by download "asBattery" from cydia insteading of editing .plist files.

3. tomass389 thread starter macrumors member

asBattery doesn't work with ActivateMMS2G unfortunately, tried it. Thanks though

4. tomass389 thread starter macrumors member

I've tried everything now, can't figure it out. I restored it and backed up to when I had them both working, hoping the settings might come back, but no luck.

The toggles keep getting removed from their menus in settings.

Any help here? I had this working for a couple restores then all of the sudden this started happening. All because of damn bossprefs...

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Install sbs and turn on battery% there, then delete sbs if u dont want it.

6. tomass389 thread starter macrumors member

So if I toggle something in sbsettings then uninstall all the packages that came with it I shouldn't have any residual problems with slowdown from sbsettings and the feature will stay toggle on. No battery drain either? Because this is why i got rid of sbsettings. thanks

7. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

ActivateMMS2G takes the gas guage battery string out of the plist. Re-edit the plist after it's installed.

8. tomass389 thread starter macrumors member

Thank God, I was getting a little beyond frustrated...

I thought it had to do with that but wasn't quite sure how it worked.

Do I need the re-edit the carrier.plist or the M68AP.plist?

What exactly do I need to edit?

Thank you so much

9. DanielNTX macrumors 6502