New contacts from iPhone won't sync on Ipad/Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rogercorke, Oct 8, 2017.

1. rogercorke macrumors newbie

I've just discovered that phone numbers of new contacts that I have been saving on my iPhone have not been syncing to my iPad and Mac.

I must have switched something off in the iCloud section of Settings on my iPhone but I can't find the iCloud section in my settings.

Sorry to be dim but where is it and how can I switch it to add my new iPhone contacts?

thanks in advance

2. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Settings/iCloud turn on contacts. Check all i devices.

3. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Go to Setting and the very first thing (right under your Name) is the settings for your Apple ID,iCloud, iTunes and App Store.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

NoBoMac

iCloud syncing, occasionally, stops. Had it happen this morning with Reminders. What I eventually had to do was turn off Reminders syncing, restart the device, turn Reminders back on.

In OP's case, I'd first go to iCloud.com to see if the Contacts in question are there. If so, the other devices are the troublesome ones. If Contacts not present in iCloud, try turning off then on Contacts on iPhone, using the "Keep on Phone" option when turning off, "Merge" on turn on. If that does not get the Contacts to iCloud, turn off Contacts, restart device, then turn back on.

And obviously, if it is the other devices not talking to iCloud, turn off/on their iCloud syncing with iCloud.

5. rogercorke thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2017 ---
    Hi there
    I've tried all of that. The contacts in question that's on my iPhone but not my other devices is not on iCloud, so I tried everything else you suggested, including- turning off contacts, rebooting the iPhone and then turning contacts back on again and merge my iPhone contacts with iCloud and the contact still isn't on my other devices! And I thought Apple devices were supposed to be intuitive. Any other suggestions, anyone? I'm obviously doing something very stupid.