New Convert to MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by katdadee, Jan 2, 2008.

1. katdadee macrumors newbie

Hey family, I am a new convert from PC :)mad:) to MBP :)D) and I was wondering if this is normal; I purchased my MBP on Monday 12-31-07 under the impression that it would come pre-installed with Leopard but when I turned it on and went through the initial setup I found that it has Tiger on it and not Leopard. It did come with an upgrade disk, but I was under the impression that it would be pre-installed with Leopard. Is this normal? If it is not what should I do? Thanks... Amp

2. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

It's normal, mine came that way too. I purchased my MacBook Pro at an Apple retail store and I guess it was older inventory with Tiger installed from the factory and the store just dropped in a Leopard disk.

I just did an erase and install of Leopard and the computer is chugging alone just fine.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Just install Leopard. Its strange that the MBP you got had the drop in disc, this is what Apple Did initially after Leopard was released.

4. Osprey macrumors 6502

The one I bought my husband that arrived on December 17 came with Leopard pre-installed. I was hoping it wouldn't because I wanted the option of using Tiger for awhile. It may be because his was a CTO and the stock machines may have already had Tiger on them and it was easier for Apple to just put in the Leopard disk.

5. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

If you bought your MBP from an Apple store, I am a little surprised Leopard was not installed. However, if you bought from a third party, I am not surprised. Our local guy still has a couple of MBPs without Leopard he tells me. Since you are new to Mac, follow the advice to do a clean install. Welcome to the club:apple::cool:

6. katdadee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys and gals for responding. I am going to just install Leopard and keep it moving. I am soooo ready to become intimate with my MBP... Oh before I forget thanks for welcoming me to the club. I look forward to it...