New 'copy' of the Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Captain Magic, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Captain Magic macrumors member

Captain Magic

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Good artists copy. Great artists steal.

I think HP stealing components of Apple's design is a fantastic thing. It brings a better user experience to users who choose not to buy a Mac, and it pushes the industry as a whole forward.

Since the industry is constantly evolving and developing better and better designs, it forces Apple to come up with new and innovative designs to try to provide the best hardware out there.

Competition is a good thing. Woohoo! Capitalism!

3. cababah macrumors 68000

Already been reviewed and compared.

Verdict: Inferior.

I agree that it is a good alternative in the PC market but still does not hold a candle to the overall quality and functionality of the :apple: MBP

If I was in the market for a PC laptop, I would probably go with the MBP anyway and just run Windows 7 in BootCamp. The build quality of their machines is second to none. HP still has a ways to go to live up to that claim with their computers.

4. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

I can't believe nothing is being raised by Apple on how similar they are...especially the screen design

5. Virt macrumors newbie

Well, with a name like the "Envy"...you know someones jealous....;)

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

<clicks on link to hp>
    <clinks on link to buy 13" at best buy>
    $1899.99?!?:eek: WTF????

HOLY M#$##$@%!!!!

7. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Yeah, and its a slower CPU than the 13" MBP. Does have a better video card, though... and that lovely Windows 7. :eek:

(7 ain't bad... actually using it on my iMac right now... but it ain't OS X)

8. cababah macrumors 68000

It does have a better GPU for sure. I think the "envy" ends there though. I always think less of a company that directly copies someone else instead of paving their own path and putting out unique products.

Oh yeah, I also read that the trackpad on the envy is very flawed in functionality.

9. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

All the best designs are copied at sometime or another! if i was Apple i would be flattered more than anything and at that price it sure will make people think twice to choose "Envy" or "Apple Mac" :apple::apple: no competition :rolleyes: