new core i7 2.5hr battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chinhiphone, May 4, 2010.

1. chinhiphone macrumors regular

so i got my 15" core i7 yesterday. i let it die down to a few percent, fully charged it, let it fully die and turned it off for a night, then fully charged it again and the battery says i only have 2.5-3hrs

i have a 2.4ghz mouse, and bluetooth wireless keyboard. surfing the net and itunes here and there with the comp attached to my plasma and ichat on and brightness fully up

is this normal? it also says my comp is 142 degrees from istat.

should i take it back?

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Having the plasma attached uses the 330M. Not sure how much the external kb and mouse affect things though.

3. PAC88 macrumors 6502

First of all, I can't tell if you're being serious..
    with an i7 and that stuff going on simultaneously.. I'd say 3 hours is probably normal

Brightness on high, Bluetooth, External Display, and itunes are not friendly with the battery. Doing all that at the same time isn't very energy efficient.

4. lordofuo macrumors regular

Using highest brightness setting, bluetooth, airport, and ichat, especially if you are using the iSight, will definitely give you that short lifespan!

The advertised battery life is usually for light surfing (no other apps on), with 50% battery.

Try that and see what the estimates are.

5. jmdMac macrumors regular

Be happy you are even getting that long with all the power you're consuming! 3 hours with my mbp doing all the things you described would make me a happy camper.

6. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I think he meant to say 50% brightness on the macbook screen

7. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

with all that going on it will suck your battery dry fast. think of it like a car. the gas mileage on the sticker doesn't hold true if you floor the car the whole time. all advertised laptop battery life are based on conditions that are light on the battery.