Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Personally, I don't want to support a company whose marketing text looks like broken English and bad grammar. I know that this isn't really what we should be focusing on, but it looks bad.

The watch itself is not very good looking, and the interface could be better. At $99, it just seems like it's going to end up being very low end and cheap.

willpower101

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
Personally, I don't want to support a company whose marketing text looks like broken English and bad grammar. I know that this isn't really what we should be focusing on, but it looks bad.

The watch itself is not very good looking, and the interface could be better. At $99, it just seems like it's going to end up being very low end and cheap.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I trust an already well established smart watch maker who's been featured on techcrunch either. :/

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/buddy-bluetooth-watch

http://youtu.be/Hirm_ie6IkI

This one is slated to work with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. Seems like a smaller design with some great battery life.

I like the design better than the Pebble, but is that color e-ink? I didn't see anything in the description about the display, only that it is supposed to last 10 days between charges. I think they will make their goal for kick starter, and have a feeling we are just seeing the beginning of bio-tech in 2013.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012

Make's me wonder how you feel about the Pebble.

I think this looks better than the Pebble. The Pebble looks cheap and outdated.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
All these smartwatches so far look like cheap Casios to be honest. Why can't any company combine the elegance of normal watches with modern technology? I don't want to see some neon colored rubber band thing on my wrist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.