New crowd funded "Buddy" smart watch

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by b166er, Feb 26, 2013.

1. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Personally, I don't want to support a company whose marketing text looks like broken English and bad grammar. I know that this isn't really what we should be focusing on, but it looks bad.

The watch itself is not very good looking, and the interface could be better. At $99, it just seems like it's going to end up being very low end and cheap.

3. willpower101 macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm not sure if I trust an already well established smart watch maker who's been featured on techcrunch either. :/

4. b166er thread starter macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm cutting them a break on grammar since they are based in France.

5. siiip5 macrumors 6502

I like the design better than the Pebble, but is that color e-ink? I didn't see anything in the description about the display, only that it is supposed to last 10 days between charges. I think they will make their goal for kick starter, and have a feeling we are just seeing the beginning of bio-tech in 2013.

6. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

On my girlishly thin wrists a watch that size would be utterly ridiculous.

:-(

7. dinggus macrumors 65816

Make's me wonder how you feel about the Pebble.

I think this looks better than the Pebble. The Pebble looks cheap and outdated.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The Pebble looks nicer. It's only "outdated" because it's the better watch and e-paper.

9. kasakka macrumors 68000

All these smartwatches so far look like cheap Casios to be honest. Why can't any company combine the elegance of normal watches with modern technology? I don't want to see some neon colored rubber band thing on my wrist.