New Cydia Sections?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scouser75, Jan 6, 2012.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Since the iOS 5 jailbreak, Cydia has new "i" sections - iTweaks, iDreamboard etc.

In these sections, apps that are normally charged for in the tweaks, themes etc sections seem to be free. But is there a catch?

There is an option where you can choose to "support" a developer. Any apps that I think are deserving support I have donated for. But I don't want to inadvertently buy a theme thinking its free.

Can anyone confirm the situation with these new sections?

2. Doba macrumors newbie

Did you add a new repo? I'm pretty sure those sections are driven by the repos.

3. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi Doba, I did add a repo a couple of days ago, but that was to rectify a problem I was having on Lockinfo.

Since then I haven't added any other Repo's.

I need to check to see if I've been charged for a few things I've downloaded. How does Cydia charge for paid downloads?

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

If you're not sure if you've been charged than you haven't! You have to link a paypal account (I think you can use amazon or google too, not positive as I have always used paypal), and then manually transact each purchase.

5. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Dwalls. In that case I think I'm getting free mods on my phone :confused:

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Most are free! Those that are not show up as blue text with a "purchase" instead of "install" option in Cydia.

7. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They sure are, and they sure do. BUT not in the "i" sections that I have. Here, the ones you'd normally have to pay for are also free :eek: UNLESS, of course, that I'm being charged without me knowing or being told about it.

In fact, let me go and check my bank statement. BBS........................

8. LoLife macrumors regular

9. -Eden macrumors member

-Eden

10. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

If so, op must have noticed the big blue warning sign before adding that one to Cydia. What's to be confused of?

Attached Files:

11. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Woah there tiger! Firstly, I most definitely DID NOT get this warning message.

Secondly, prior to anyone making any insinuations, I suggest they read my first post properly.

Now, going back to the matter in hand, I will go and see what Repo's I have installed. I cannot imagine having installed the one suggested below as I have no intentions what-so-ever of stealing the work of small developers. In fact, I have even contributed to some free apps I have downloaded for my phone and Mac as I deemed they were more than worthy.

12. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Cydia: "Note: Cannot Locate Package"

I did the jailbreak on my 4s 5.0.1 just now and can open Cydia, but when I go to any package like MyWi or 3G Unrestrictor, it says "Note: Cannot Locate Package".

Anyone know why and how to fix it?