New Cydia v1.0.3366-1 on iPad 3.2.2

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by BookEmDanno, Nov 30, 2010.

1. BookEmDanno macrumors member

BookEmDanno

Anyone able to upgrade to this new version? Any issues and/or experiences?

Thanks and Aloha!

2. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I'm waiting to move to 4.2.1 until more packages are made compatible, so I tried it for the improvements (installing it on my iPhone 4 was a huge speed improvement on loading plus it does landscape too). It won't install on 3.2.2 as according to the error message, it has a dependency on 4.0 or higher, so the install stops. We'll get it anyway once we move to the 4.2.1 jailbreak.

3. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

much faster loading, some tweaks seem to be needed, primarily when rotating on Cydia home screen text gets a little bunched up.

Other than that its a huge improvement!

4. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

They finally implemented screen rotation?!?!

5. willber macrumors member

Apparently so, haven't seen it yet myself though. Can't wait for a legit 4.2 jailbreak and being able to use Cydia in landscape!

6. BookEmDanno thread starter macrumors member

BookEmDanno

Thanks for the response. So you were able to upgrade on an iPad 3.2.2 without any issues (unlike the experience of the previous poster - sherifftruman?)

Aloha!

7. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Yes, upgraded, but it was truly long and grueling process!

One forgets how long it takes to reload all the ka ka one accumulates and in your eyes is critical to your fully equipped iPad!

But all in all I'm happy with the way everything is functioning. Might even get an apple tv to utilize some of the new things it has though god knows I don't not need another gadget!

8. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

So, what you are saying is that you installed 4.2.1 and it installed the new Cydia, not that you installed the new Cydia on 3.2.2, which just won't work.

9. detronic macrumors member

my new cydia on 3.2

I did the cydia update and yes I have the ipad with the 3.2, it messed up my cydia to the point that I had to reinstall the old cydia back again, the new cydia depends on the 4.o or greater system, it will not run correctly on 3.2 and I am telling this from experience, I did not know this until I installed the new one and got an error installation message, I did this a few times, installed deleted and installed again and all the same ending, new cydia don't work with 3.2 I will have to wait for the 4.2 jailbreak and than upgrade the firmware and than get the new cydia and this is my experience with the new cydia on 3.2

10. Ksane macrumors regular

I've got 3.2.1 and the new Cydia with no problems. If you don't believe me I could probably send a screen shot. I don't know what you all are doing wrong, but "long & grueling process"? Not so much. A minute to download and 1/2 a second to install with iFile. The one and only problem is the text overlaps on just the 1st Cydia screen (the welcome screen). All the other screens work just fine in landscape. It also loads faster. I still miss Rock though.

11. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

yes I also had no problems when installing prior to 4.1. maybe a fluke?

12. detronic macrumors member

when I install on mine first it tells me that its error 4.0 dependable, and than cydia works, however when i go to install something of cydia it takes out cydia with the first installation, at which point I have to reinstall the old cydia in order to get it back, after you installed the new cydia did you try installing something of it, and does the new cydia installation screen scroll all the way down with all the new installs or does it stop to error?

13. Ksane macrumors regular

Wow, I owe you an apology, detronic. You're right. I hadn't tried to install any Cydia apps because I already had the few I use installed before installing the new Cydia. Just tried and I get the warning and notices you're talking about.
    You're right and I'm wrong.

14. detronic macrumors member