New David Fincher Halo 4 trailer...WOW

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by joeysarks, Oct 18, 2012.

1. joeysarks macrumors regular

This trailer just gave me nerd chills like you wouldn't believe, specially the last part! Look into buying Halo 4 if you aren't already everyone...it's gonna be sweeeeet:)

Halo 4 David Fincher Trailer

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Urgh, live action game trailers. I'm sure it's very nice but if a game trailer doesn't show the game; you've lost me as a customer.

3. joeysarks thread starter macrumors regular

Well they've been showing gameplay stuff off since May, multiplayer anyways. They've released some campaign stuff too but mostly a glimpse here and there, they're trying to keep that stuff a secret. Halo has always been asked to do more Live Action stuff tho...prolly cuz people have been wanting a big budget Halo movie for a decade now. This and the Forward Unto Dawn series on Machinima right now might be a hint that they're working towards that tho:)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It was ok, rather tame for David Fincher really.

5. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I'm rather intrigued. What is the new enemy? What is the covenant up to now? I think I have to get the game to find out :)

6. joeysarks thread starter macrumors regular

Won't ruin too much for ya, but basically the Forerunners are involved, a faction of the covenant might be up to no good, Flood is gone (at least from what we know so far) and Cortana is feeling the effects of rampancy now that she's past her 7 year shelf life. Lotta crazy stuff is gonna go down in this new trilogy, and also the multiplayer is now filled with lots of Battlefield 3/Call of Duty/Gears of War type loadout systems. Classes, perks, whatever u wanna call them will now play a role in Halo's multiplayer options.

Almost forgot, there will also be something called Spartan Ops (a fusion of Invasion and Firefight)
    It's basically downloadable content that comes in 5 episodes every week, for 10 weeks. The first season is free, and will start 6 months from where the campaign left off. Think of it as a tv series for video games, and it could have more than one season.

7. joeysarks thread starter macrumors regular

Halo 4 Gameplay trailer

Alright here's the new gameplay trailer just released. Shows a lil campaign and multiplayer...such great graphics for such horrible hardware lol

8. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

Further evidence that Hollywood is running out of money but the games industry is printing it