New Dedicated iPhone Car Radio: Parrot RKi8400

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by severe, Sep 1, 2009.

1. alansaysstop macrumors regular

looks kinda cheap and tacky from that picture. I'll stick to my 7" touchscreen indash. Doesn't work with my iPhone but I can carry my entire music collection with my iPod.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What's the price tag on that thing? ($427 USD?) :eek:

3. severe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea.. I'm with you both. I'd like to see it demoed, but $400 is just too much.

My biggest concern is how well it would work via Bluetooth. Hiding one's iPhone behind their dash seems a bit off, with regard to all the latest GPS navigation hoopla. Other than this, it seems to be well thought out.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, I'm just not comfortable forking out $427 for something that requires me to place my phone inside a dash "Box"? Not even sure how it looks in the car; probably should have had some pics. I use to put my iPhone on the dashboard of my car with this kit, and I can't even count the number of times I would walk into some place and turn right around and have to get my iPhone out of the dashboard cradle...:eek:

5. severe thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not so sure you're required to place the phone in the compartment. It utilizes Bluetooth as well.

iSpazio translated, with pics.

And a Demo.