new dell monitors 20-24-27 inch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by illtype, Jul 29, 2008.

1. illtype macrumors member

What does everyone think about these new dell 09 monitors? I need a new monitor and it seems like there will never be a new cinema display. I was thinking about the 24 or 27.

2. illtype thread starter macrumors member

anyone know when dell 09 30inch is coming out?

3. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

I love my '07 24"... seriously couldn't be happier. Where I have it on my desk, the edges of the screen are just inside my field of view so I can see the whole display without having to turn my head. I like having everything on one monitor, and I can comfortably fit two web pages (or Word documents) side by side. Anything bigger would be "too" big for me... but many people need the extra space, of course.

I got one of those ergonomic arms for it that lets me move it around my desk, but the monitor is *very* heavy and it is starting to bend the "stalk" with which the arm connects to my desk. Not a big deal... it doesn't seem catastrophic, but just know that a 27 probably wouldn't work.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I'm planning to buy the Dell SP2208 with my Mac pro next year (yes it's early planning but I like to get myself pumped up) It's silver and glossy as you can see, and 22". It got very good reviews and would complement a mac well.

[​IMG]