New Demonstrations of Apple Antenna FAILURE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Jul 6, 2010.

1. thep33t macrumors regular

2. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

3. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

This reception issue may be here to stay for the iPhone 4.0 based upon the engineering. I guess they felt there are more right-handed users than left-handed users.

I think they knew this design would be a problem, thats why theyre selling bumpers which fit only the antenna band. Most other "skins" wrap around the back, usually. Very strange for Apple to all of a sudden sell bumpers for the iPhone.

What is really bad is that Apple had to confess to false bars since the iPhone inception. I dont belvie that they were "stunned" (as they say) to findthis out. How can they honestly NOT be aware of this. Seriously. I'm beginning to question Apple's integrity. First the yellow imac screens and now this.

[​IMG]

4. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

5. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

We don't need another post about how we don't need another thread. Thanks.

6. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Ohh, I love this game:rolleyes:

7. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Did this REALLY merit another thread? That would be a no. :rolleyes:

8. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Of course it does!

If it were in any of the existing threads, you never would have read it! :D

9. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

"Stunned" my ass! They knew about this problem all along. The whole situation makes me sick. If they were just a plain corporation hidden behind a bunch of no-name people, I would understand. But, to have such a persona as Steve Jobs and his charisma stand in front of us and lie to our faces is just too much. To elevate our expectations this much and then to have them slammed back down to Earth hurts. I would almost rather just have some crappy Samsung and expect it to break after a while.

10. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Tell them to stop holding their hand over the antenna.

11. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

I too, am surprised by how Steve Jobs is so cavalier about this whole issue. It makes me think he is actually very concerned, based upon his trying to minimize this issue with an unprofessional response.

It is sad to see the issues plaguing the Apple iPhone.

Apple is no longer a small company with good quality control. They are in the numbers (volume) game now.

12. lilo777 macrumors 603

Do you know that the antenna covers entire iPhone 4? Are you suggesting to hold the phone by its glass parts?

13. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

For the hundredth time, the bumper is there to protect the glass.

14. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

It's been my experience that the cell reception of iPhone 4 is hugely erratic. Many times, the upload test failed entirely when covering even a 'bumpered' iPhone 4.

Speak with your wallet. Return your iPhone 4 before July 24. Even if this means repurchasing a few weeks later when manufacturering of a revised antenna exists.

It disappoints me to realize that this isn't going to be resolved until 2011 and iPhone 5.

15. chembox macrumors 6502a

If the bumper was there to protect the glass, it would have been an actual case. The bumper seems like a last-ditch effort to alleviate the antenna issue instead of recalling the phones.

16. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I love that someone wrote an app at TUAW to show that Apple's purported "misreading" of bars solution is also a bunch of poppycock.

Can you dig a deeper hole for yourself, Apple? You know they will have to redesign the phone, and give us all new ones. With $40 billion in cash in the friggin' bank that's only decent thing to do, as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

17. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Are we back to this conspiracy again?

18. chembox macrumors 6502a

Since when has Apple manufactured a case/protector for any of its products?

19. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

since the iPad?

20. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Yes lol whatever so Apple knew that people were goin to need the Bumper to make the phone operational hence they produce far less than the number of units available at launch.

That is a stellar business plan. Make a faulty antenna so that people have to buy a case WHICH IS IN SHORT SUPPLY and then have your support agents give free bumpers to 5% of customers then hastily cut it off so the customers won't suspect that the Bumper is the solution.

You win.

21. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Yes, but that was a real case. This is a flimsy strip, with no obvious protection, especially considering its whopping $29 price, than to stop people from touching the antenna. Don't be so blind to this move, it's clearly designed to address a problem.

What baffles me is that Apple can be so pigheaded and not give them free to all its legions of dedicated fans. But in this age of Twitter and Facebook, this is just going to go down as the biggest PR blunder ever. :rolleyes:

22. jhatz macrumors member

23. gibbz macrumors 68030

Do you actually have one? Feels solid enough to me. The protection is obvious because the edges of the glass stick out from metal band, making it especially susceptible to cracks and breaks. The bumper eliminates this. $29 isn't out of the ordinary. All of their accessories are over-priced.

I'm sure a quick google search will direct you to PR blunders that were not only worse, but actually relevant to society.