New design due for the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rekhyt, Nov 2, 2014.

1. rekhyt macrumors 65816

The MBP's in its second/third design incremental upgrade stage already, so anyone think a new design is imminent, for the MBP?

Possibly thinner/more powerful? They definitely need to work on the graphics front, and perhaps a new design is needed for that.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

The non-retina MBP is probably not going to see any more changes - it will probably just be dropped quietly.

3. luked14 macrumors 6502

I think that the MBPs will keep the same form factor for a while. The Retina MBPs are already pretty thin and it looks like Apple will be focusing their efforts on changing the Air form factor in the near future.

4. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

would love to see a black macbook pro but that will never happen :(

(space grey is silver, not black)

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

The cMBP design was around for 7 versions while the pre-unibody was around for 6. I expect it will be another year or two or maybe more before we see a major update.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Nope. Thinner and more powerful = the retina. That design is only 2 years old. The unibody started in '08 and is still going with the 13" they are still selling. The design before that was started in '01.

7. kwokaaron macrumors 6502a

kwokaaron

I don't see any redesign happening soon. I would say until they manage to figure a way of making it cool enough for a fanless macbook pro design there won't be any major changes.

8. tresmith macrumors 6502

the one thing I would like to see is for the MBP to adopt the MBA's wedge shape. it'so much better for typing.