New Design for Website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by bjett92, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I'm working on redesigning my state association of BPA's website. I made a layout in Photoshop and before I start slicing up the design and turning it into a Joomla template, I wanted to get some feedback. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I would scrap the tan background, replace it with blue/white, and emphasize the red.

haha. I live in Michigan and was part of BPA for four years :p 3 time state champ, 4 time regional champ, and 2 time national champ. BPA is a really great opportunity and I am glad you are taking an initiative to support the organization :)

3. bjett92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I was thinking there was too much tan.

Yeah this is my fourth year in BPA. I'm a state officer for Indiana this year. And i just placed 2nd at nationals this year. Did you just recently graduate?

4. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Yes I just graduated.

What event were you involved in?

5. bjett92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I placed 2nd in fundamentals of web design and then my web design team placed 8th... which we should have placed higher I think but they didn't seem to like our presentation.

6. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

lol! I was in fundamentals of web design but I failed at reading the test. I understood the test within the last 15 mins, but that wasn't enough time. That event was for kicks and giggles though. I placed 11th in that event.

I am a two time national champ in the web application team. I've led two separate teams :)

7. bjett92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahaha BPA makes that test completely confusing every year... I thought I did bad because a lot of I had no idea what they wanted. And the proctors aren't even helpful.

Congrats! My school's web app team was awful....

8. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Thanks! :) congrats to you too! Yea, to succeed in web app. team, you need to be able to implement as many features as possible, and give a good presentation. We smoked the competition this year by winning by 12 points. 12 points is a lot :p

9. bjett92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha yeah 12 points is a huge gap in judged events. We lost state by like 4 points because we didn't turn our documentation into the judges. :mad:

So we probably saw each other at nationals!

10. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Yes we probably did :p

NLC was fun this year. Dallas was okay, but not as fun. Anaheim was more of a vacation, and we didn't have the swine flu problem :)

11. bjett92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah this was my first time at NLC. Anaheim was awesome :)! I don't think DC will be as fun next year.. but oh well.