New Desk?!?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Desamell, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Desamell Guest

Okay, I like all Ikea's desk designs and i like but my favorite one is the JONAS series desk. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00089262 its a little pricy though. Any suggestions for a desk like that for cheap or any suggestions on building my own desk?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Looks good. My violin teacher has two of those I believe.

Build your own desk?!? Have fun... a simple three-slab of wood desk is easy, but good luck with drawers and etc. I took a wood working elective a few years at my jr high school and it takes forever to make stuff like even a stool.

3. Desamell thread starter Guest

Heh ya by i meant just building the desk no drawers no anything but the desk i might buy that I have to goto ikea and look at it.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I supposed it does tie in with the 'simplistic' design of Apple stuff. :D Anyways, I think for that price, it's a good quality desk.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I dunno...I used to use a folding table from SAMS club as my computer desk. It was only $44.99 or something.

Then I wised up and bought a real desk and spent about $450, and I'll never go back to a folding table again.

The thing with calling a $129 desk pricey is that if you're disappointed with the desk, chances are you'll always be disappointed with it. If you bite the bullet and buy a nicer desk and spend the extra money, and you like the desk, chances are you won't mind having already spent the money.

And coming from IKEA you probably have to put this thing together. One more thing to consider.

6. Desamell thread starter Guest

Thanks for the tip. I have no problem having to putting something together.

7. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

what..

8. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

Dude, what are you doing? You called me a spammer in my thread, now you're calling this guy I spammer? Guy, you're the one spamming.

/report

9. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i have that desk! got it for Christmas. i'm not gonna lie, it took a little less than an hour to assemble with my dad but boy was it worth it.

i say buy it! :D:cool:

10. Desamell thread starter Guest

Which color combo?

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Chill... I wasn't calling any of you a spammer. There was one that kept posting about Nike shoes being sold on a site like fashionbiz.com or something. I reported the guy like 3 times and I think MacRumors deleted his/her posts.

12. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I bought some IKEA countertop slabs and adjustable table legs. With a circular saw I cut the counter top to size, screwed in the legs, velcro-ed a couple of power strips to the under side of the counter top, and now I have a custom fitted desk for under $100... I added an ikea cable management crate to it too... holding any power bricks and excess cording. Makes for a nice clean setup...