OS X New Diablo III Patch and The Mac

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Seems like only yesterday when Apple were proudly talking about how Diablo III was optimised for the Retina display and looks gorgeous. :( Whelp, this is what happens when you gradually get rid of the dedicated GPU options and release products with worse graphics performance than their predecessors, when the opposite should be true.

Janichsan

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2006
Seems blizzard ARE starting to drop the Mac as has been said in other threads, what with the their new game Overwatch NOT coming to the Mac now this morning I see that in the Diablo III patch 2.4.0 notes that certain parts of the new patch are not coming to the Mac, how long before this creeps across to other blizzard games ?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19941044/patch-240-ptr-preview-11-6-2015
Huh?

Where do see anything there that is not coming to the Mac? Do you mean the "PC-only features" part? That's PC – as in Windows and Mac – in contrast to consoles.

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Huh?

Where do see anything there that is not coming to the Mac? Do you mean the "PC-only features" part? That's PC – as in Windows and Mac – in contrast to consoles.
Are you sure about that, because that is not how I read it, would it not be " PC/Mac only features " if that were the case ?

AnTaR3s

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
Vienna
Huh?

Are you sure about that? PC is a Windows Machine for me...but it would not make sense to not offer these things on the Mac

Janichsan

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2006
Are you sure about that, because that is not how I read it, would it not be " PC/Mac only features " if that were the case ?
Yes, absolutely sure. They never supported the Seasons on consoles, and the last item (Action Combat) does not need to be added for the console versions, because they always had it. In the same sentence they even mention explicitly that this feature will be coming to the Mac:
Players who have challenged Diablo on console may be familiar with this upcoming feature to PC and Mac.
When you take a look at older patch notes, you will also notice they always only talk about a "PC" version when meaning Windows and Mac.

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Yes, absolutely sure. They never supported the Seasons on consoles, and the last item (Action Combat) does not need to be added for the console versions, because they always had it. In the same sentence they even mention explicitly that this feature will be coming to the Mac:

When you take a look at older patch notes, you will also notice they always only talk about a "PC" version when meaning Windows and Mac.
I see what you say, I will wait and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.