OS X New Diablo III Patch and The Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Washac, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Seems blizzard ARE starting to drop the Mac as has been said in other threads, what with the their new game Overwatch NOT coming to the Mac now this morning I see that in the Diablo III patch 2.4.0 notes that certain parts of the new patch are not coming to the Mac, how long before this creeps across to other blizzard games ?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19941044/patch-240-ptr-preview-11-6-2015

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Seems like only yesterday when Apple were proudly talking about how Diablo III was optimised for the Retina display and looks gorgeous. :( Whelp, this is what happens when you gradually get rid of the dedicated GPU options and release products with worse graphics performance than their predecessors, when the opposite should be true.

3. Janichsan macrumors 6502a

Janichsan

Huh?

Where do see anything there that is not coming to the Mac? Do you mean the "PC-only features" part? That's PC – as in Windows and Mac – in contrast to consoles.

4. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Are you sure about that, because that is not how I read it, would it not be " PC/Mac only features " if that were the case ?

5. AnTaR3s macrumors regular

AnTaR3s

Are you sure about that? PC is a Windows Machine for me...but it would not make sense to not offer these things on the Mac

6. Janichsan macrumors 6502a

Janichsan

Yes, absolutely sure. They never supported the Seasons on consoles, and the last item (Action Combat) does not need to be added for the console versions, because they always had it. In the same sentence they even mention explicitly that this feature will be coming to the Mac:
    When you take a look at older patch notes, you will also notice they always only talk about a "PC" version when meaning Windows and Mac.

7. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

I see what you say, I will wait and see.

8. Janichsan macrumors 6502a

Janichsan

I know foreseeing the End of the Mac Gaming World is popular at the moment, but rest assured that I'm correct about this.

9. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

:)

10. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

11. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity