Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
FYI, Amazon just discounted the new iMacs to $1,139 and $1,424.

If you're like me and ordered from Amazon recently to save on sales tax, but bought when they were still at full price, if you email customer service they will refund you the difference.

Amazon.com: Computers: New Apple iMac Desktops

Hope that helps someone save some cash :) :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Nice find. That's a pretty substantial discount this early in the refresh cycle too. I must say, I am rather surprised.

Too bad I'm looking to get the HDD+SSD BTO combo. If only Amazon offered some BTO options :(

yamaki

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2010
Thanks, I bought the base 21.5" model. Was looking for a deal like this. I don't have the patience to wait for the student iPod deal. Amazon Prime is super nice, getting it tomorrow for just $4.

abzmike

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
Very nice... Prices lower on Amazon UK as well... The 27" I'm looking at is 4% cheaper now.... Fumbles for Visa card....

cbnsoul

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2004
Indiana
The best deal I could find was through MacConnection. I got the base iMac for $1188.84-$84 rebate = $1104.84 with no tax and free shipping. I could get the educational discount and was going to wait til the Back to School promotion and sell the "free" iPod but thought this would be close to the same net price and get me my new iMac a month sooner!

finney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2011
cbnsoul said:
The best deal I could find was through MacConnection. I got the base iMac for $1188.84-$84 rebate = $1104.84 with no tax and free shipping. I could get the educational discount and was going to wait til the Back to School promotion and sell the "free" iPod but thought this would be close to the same net price and get me my new iMac a month sooner!

Nice. Not a fan of rebates tho :p

Max Bemis

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
Shanthi:I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.
Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $55.99. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.