New Disk on a MBP but my DVD Bootable S. Leopard is damaged! ????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by will999, Oct 8, 2011.

1. will999 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

i have a MBP that i have brought to have a HD change and they put me a 500gb Disk but the DVD disk with Snow Leopard that i had is scratched and didn't work... i called an apple store to know if they had a DVD set with Leopard and they say that they do not hold any physical OS X in stores anymore adn that everything has to be ordered via Apple.com... i cant wait so what do i do?

I tried a couple of things that i have found over internet but they dont work and i cant seem to find anybody that has a Snow Leo ISO to give me...

Also, at the beginning the DVD boots but then when installing after 5 minutes it stops cause of errors ... the last time i have tried to make it boot from another USB external disk cause i thought it was my DVD player but now i UNABLE to make the machine boot from the internal DVD player ... it always shows the ? and stays like that forever.. what do i have to do? It's impossible that my machine is acting like that... i was always been able to boot at least with my DVD player...

I tried all kinds of keyboard combinations like "C", "X", "command" etc etc...

What do i do???

thanks

William!

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

If you already tried a couple from the internet and they failed, then it's your DVD drive.

3. will999 thread starter macrumors newbie

But my DVD disk of Snow Leopard at least it boots then i tried to do a startup disk on an external usb player and since then i cannot make it boot from the internal DVD Player... How do i reset the whole machine to make it boot normally?

thanks

William!