New display on October 23 event???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LOUFIERRUSH, Oct 17, 2012.

1. LOUFIERRUSH macrumors newbie

I want to upgrade my 24 apple display to 2 27 displays. Do you think I should buy now or wait for a possible update on next week event???

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Do you absolutely NEED a monitor at this point? If not, wait. If you do, you may be able to utilize the 14 day return policy if a new display comes out.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I would wait unless you need one ASAP. I don't think they will release a new one next week. I would imagine they want to utilize all production of the 27" screen to go to iMacs initially. I would not expect a new display to come out till early next year.

4. Vidivici macrumors member

Does your mac got thunderbolt ?
    Otherwise it has no point to wait.

A thunderbolt screen works only with a thunderbolt mac .
    If you got an older mac , you should buy the 27" version with Mini displayport.

5. dadster macrumors newbie

"I would wait unless you need one ASAP. I don't think they will release a new one next week. I would imagine they want to utilize all production of the 27" screen to go to iMacs initially. I would not expect a new display to come out till early next year."

That doesn't make sense. They are producing 27" TBD's now- updating to the magsafe II and USB 3.0 isn't going to change their panel display inventory one bit.

Except to say that there are A LOT of us waiting to purchase a TBD for these two changes! So then they would see an increase in demand.

If they don't update tomorrow- then they prolly won't until retina displays become available next year. It seems like Apple is increasingly, albeit slowly, out of touch with what their customers want. How hard can it be to change these two things?