New displays soon, any hope?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MBX, Feb 5, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

is there any hope that they'll release new displays soon, what do you think?

2. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

3. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

A revision has to be coming soon and while Mac monitors are sweet I don't think they justify there cost. There are plenty of good monitors out there for the money.

4. kster macrumors member

agreed.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Yeah they did revise the ACD's..........boxes that is:

getting fancy on us now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

:apple:

6. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

7. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

It's possible that they'll come out with monitors with iSights integrated -- likely for the same price point, or lower. That's my vote.

8. applemacman macrumors member

applemacman

Acd

I thought there was hope after hearing that the displays were removed from the front page and that an update was nearing.

However I think that this move from the main page is similar to what Apple's priorities are now, the displays are in the background.

With the release of the iPhone and MacBook Air their focus has shifted towards these products and I believe that if they were to update them they would have done them by now since they revised the Mac Pro line.

I believe that the time they update them will be when they actually redesign the case of the Mac Pro's which will be awhile. (different color/materials/???)

9. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Oh no :( I'm really worried that qualifies as an update in some weird, freaky way! Notice the MBP boxes didn't get the same treatment!

10. skinzy macrumors newbie

Now or never

If Apple does not update in a month or so they will loose me as a display customer and I suspect many others. Too many viable options with better warranties. :confused:

11. schreck macrumors regular

Most people think that Apple will release new displays sometime around WWDC (mid June). Like someone said above me, it has been widely speculated that there would be integrated iSight, but this is only a possibility, as many corporations are so keen with webcams at the workplace.

Also, there could perhaps be HDMI support. But like I said, most are saying WWDC or later during the calendar year 2008.