New Displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maelstromr, Apr 5, 2010.

1. maelstromr macrumors 6502

maelstromr

So there was some talk of new, larger screens coming out sometime near or with new Mac Pros. My question is does anyone think that there will be major/any changes to the existing 24" if/when that happens?

In other words, if you are in the market for a 24" display port Apple display, is there any good reason to wait and see what the update brings?

PS - Please don't waste my time with "if you need it, buy it." I have the ability to wait or I wouldn't be asking, and I am trying to weigh my options. :cool:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I actually haven't heard a lot of speculation about new displays. The common line of reasoning is that the 30" are the displays most (over)due for an update, but I'd imagine buying a 24" now is fairly safe.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

24" won't change, maybe a small price drop that's pretty much all. Of course Apple may drop the 24" and come up with 21.5" and 27" but this is just speculation.

4. maelstromr thread starter macrumors 6502

maelstromr

Thanks. This was my sense as well...it's going to be for a new Macbook Pro anyway (and I'm waiting for that hopefully upcoming release) so maybe I'll get all my questions (and new products) taken care of in one big swoop. :D