New dock connector

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Aug 25, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I won't be happy if Apple change the dock connector before the Ipad 4. I hope Apple don't change direction and start releasing cheaper budget products.

Ipad mini just isn't needed. Whoever said it was a good idea could see a failed product.

2. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

1. I don't think it's reasonable to update the current iPad with the new dock connector. They have probably been planning this move for at least a year or so. If the new iPad was supposed to have the new dock connector, they would have released it with in when it came out .

2. There is a market for smaller tablets. Amazon recognized this. Google recognized this. Certainly Apple will recognize and capitalize on this as well. As the saying goes, if you build it people will come. The iPad mini will sell extremely well. One size does not fit all. It'll be cheaper and smaller, meaning the iPad, and by association the Apple ecosystem itself, will be opened to an entirely new market. And if rumors hold true that it'll release in October, it'll be on everyone's Christmas shopping lists.

3. Cutterschoice macrumors member

I kind of feel the same way, although i wont be buying the "mini" just because i was happy with my new ipad, and don't want to change it just for the sake of it.

I'm hoping and sure that if the dock port is changed and it looks as if it's coming on the ip5, some one will bring out a dual dock charger. Thankfully i saw rumors about the dock the day after i spent a load of money on a speaker system with the current dock, so managed to return it.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Whoever thinks one person's opinion is equivalent to a proper market study should keep his/her day job.

5. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Better call Tim Cook and tell him gadget123 thinks the mini iPad will fail so he can kill all development on it and save the company. If that doesn't work someone email Job's ghost.

Stevejobsghost@mac.com

6. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

They won't ever start releasing cheap budget produces, but they definitely are changing the dock connector, and I'm glad of that too.
    I shared a similar view, however it's the ideal size for a reader and it can be priced much cheaper. Not everyone wants a big tablet, and not everyone wants to spend $400 on one either. At $249 or $299 it's quite tempting.