New Dock Feature In iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjamindaines, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

When I right clicked on the minimized iTunes (7.4) window I discovered a new feature! There is now an option to close the window from its minimized state, a feature that I have wanted in OS X for a while. Maybe this is something that will come system wide in Leopard?

Here are some screenshots...

[​IMG]
    Here is the iTunes window with the new close option

[​IMG]
    Here is a Safari window... as you see there is no close option.

2. rbroady macrumors regular

pretty sure thats always been there. i usually just hold down the mouse.

i get most use out of the play/next/previuse/mute that comes up in the dock over the itunes icon...saves some navigation time

3. Muzzway macrumors regular

That's great, I've always found that annoying and hope it gets implemented system wide in Leopard as well. Hopefully next we'll be able to see minimized windows in exposé.

Edit: Same goes if it's always been there.

4. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I dunno about you, but my first generation Macbook has had this feature since day one. I can "QUIT" not CLOSE, a window whether it's minimized or opened. The trick is, don't click on the preview click on the icon for the program, from there you can not only close the program, but also close each individual window. So try clicking on the actual program icon rather than the minimized window...:rolleyes::cool:

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Yes that has always been there, but this is for closing individual windows that have been minimized... like you can in Windows...

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

[​IMG]

Confirm though, that it appears to be unique to iTunes....