New Dock in DP4 scurve*.png's gone, how to customize?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by 3282868, Jun 14, 2012.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

As the dock has changed with DP4, so have the files that required replacing to modify the dock. Simply put, I've always hated the silver dock as it makes the open apps indicators harder to see. I always replace the four scurve*.png files with black images. However, those files aren't used. I've spent the past afternoon researching, playing around, trying to find the new files, no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Davvido macrumors regular

Davvido

3. Galaxas0 macrumors regular

It's no longer possible- they've transitioned to entirely Core Graphics drawn dock UI. I believe even the indicators are drawn in Core Graphics. This was their original intention since 10.0. It actually seemed like Leopard's dock was just a fancy last-minute gimmick they hacked together.

4. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Well, the indicators and frontline are PNGs, but I believe you're right about the rest of it.

5. q64ceo macrumors regular

6. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Can someone post the frontline.png file from the GM? I somehow lost my original playing around with stuff. Also, for clarification, are the scurve files even present in a fresh install? I have modified versions of those in the Dock Resources but didn't know if I could just delete them since they're not used.

7. Killa Aaron, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

Killa Aaron macrumors regular

Killa Aaron

Everything is in this thread merge the threads please.