New Dolphin Browser 5.2 update

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ZCherub, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ZCherub, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012

ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I am using Dolphin as my default browser. I updated to the latest last weekend. Since then, when clicking certain links like PDFs, etc., instead of opening the link in either the same tab or a new one, a window pops up asking me to download the file. If I do that, I have to left swipe, then click on downloads, then click the file itself & select 'view in iFile'.

WAY too much work when I used to be able to either open in a new tab, or view in the same window prior to the update. I've played around in the settings, but can't seem to find a way to disable this "improvement".

Has anyone found a way to make PDFs & links behave like they did before the update in the new Dolphin?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I noticed that too. I assume there will be another update to correct this. No matter what you choose, it always tried to download the PDF. That can't be the default behavior. I hope they update it. Pretty annoying.

3. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Yep - that's actually enough to make me want to switch to Chrome/Atomic or something instead... Hopefully an update is on the way as you said!

4. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Just noticed that there was an update to Dolphin in the App Store. I was hoping that this would correct it, but just updated & tried it out, & it doesn't... Maybe on the next one...

5. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Just sent them an email. We'll see what happens... I'll post back here if I get a reply from their support team...

6. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Got an email back from Dolphin. Essentially, they say they are working on the issue, and to keep looking for updates. Not exremely helpful, but at least it gives some sort of indication that we may get this adjusted.

In the meantime, what browsers are you all using besides Dolphin? Atomic any good?

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

ZCherub, I also sent them an email regarding this issue over the weekend. They responded first thing in the morning and in their response, they asked me for a link so they could test it out themselves. They probably wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about lol. That link I sent them, when I use it in safari it opens the PDF inside the browser. When I use that exact same link in dolphin, no matter what I try to do to make it open inside the browser, it always tries to download it. So annoying!

Anyways, if they respond to my latest email I'll keep you posted.

8. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Sweet - sounds like you got a more detailed response than I did. I actually just sent them a link to this thread... Glad they're aware, and that the response you got was more than just the general "thanks - we'll look into it"...

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Dolphin just released an update to fix the always download bug!