New Droid X ad laughs at Apple's bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC
Tag lines are always funny/commercial.

But it's also comical when the next Android based phone is released, no one will remember/care about this one. :cool:

Apple is still selling. Bulky jackets and all.
How's that Malware looking?

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
uhm, didn't the original Droid's ads also directly target apple already?

"iDon't shoot video, iDon't have this, iDon't have that, Droid does!"

so really nothing new here

pisces03x

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Out of all the videos Apple uploaded, the iPhone 4 is the only smartphone that receives the signal attenuation by merely touching the antenna bridge. Who needs the "deathgrip," when brushing your finger alongside your phone can cause you to drop a call.

Honestly, Apple deserves every ad attacking their marketing strategy that pops up.

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC
uhm, didn't the original Droid's ads also directly target apple already?

"iDon't shoot video, iDon't have this, iDon't have that, Droid does!"

so really nothing new here
Oh yeah. I forgot about those Apple-esque tag lines. Maybe they really wanted to call the phone - iDroid. But that would've been a big lawsuit in the long run, so they dropped the i. :cool:

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
His statement was that there were "3 million iPhones sold in the US alone within a month" is not partially correct. Its completely wrong.
It's partially correct in the sense that there were 3 million iPhones sold, it just wasn't limited in scope to the US. In context of the reply he got, which stated that there were 1.7mil+ in the 5 launching countries, my response was reasonable as it showed that the correct answer lie somewhere in between the two responses.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
It's partially correct in the sense that there were 3 million iPhones sold, it just wasn't limited in scope to the US. In context of the reply he got, which stated that there were 1.7mil+ in the 5 launching countries, my response was reasonable as it showed that the correct answer lie somewhere in between the two responses.
Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that what he said was incorrect. Incorrect = wrong. Deal with it.

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
If the Droid X needed a jacket, I'm pretty sure that it would be located in the Big & Tall section.

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2010
New York
Will Apple/Steve Jobs care though? Probably not.
Apple and Steve Jobs cares enough to hold a press conference about iPhone 4 antenna design flaw after Consumer Reports didn't recommend it. So yes they do care what others say about them, any bad press or critique and they are out for damage control.

So back to your original post, do they care? You're damn right they do.:rolleyes:

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2010
New York
Apple had it coming.
You got that right! That's what they get for trying to deflect iPhone 4's antenna issue by pointing out other devices so called "similar" issues. They should have left everyone alone and address their own antenna defect instead of playing a coward and dealing low blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.