New Drone Video Captures Footage of Apple Park and Steve Jobs Theater at Sunset

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Although employees moved into Apple Park earlier in the spring, it has been reported that it will take until the end of the year for construction to be completed. Since that date is now fast approaching, a new drone video by Matthew Roberts has shared some aerial footage of the progress Apple has made since the last update earlier in September.

The video provides a few clear shots inside of the main spaceship building at Apple Park during sunset, where the tree-lined atrium welcomes employees, as well as some views inside the Steve Jobs Theater. Apple introduced the iPhone X there on September 12, inviting employees and members of the media to watch the event inside the underground auditorium and then get hands-on with the new smartphone as the event ended.

The new drone video even includes a quick glimpse directly down through the roof of Apple Park's main building, thanks to a series of glass panels sitting between the solar panels that line the top of the structure. It's unclear exactly when Apple expects to finally be done with construction on the campus. In today's video there are still multiple construction crews and pieces of equipment sitting outside of the central building.

Roberts' video also includes a few shots of the Visitor's Center and the underground tunnel that funnels traffic through the campus. Once everything is completed Apple Park will house around 12,000 employees, and include 9,000 trees, a large pond, walking trails, benches, and a fitness center for workers.

Article Link: New Drone Video Captures Footage of Apple Park and Steve Jobs Theater at Sunset

Reactions: Sunny1990

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
It's such a great place to visit. Apple Park's main building Looks like a giant home button.

Last edited:

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
i guess the videos and articles won’t stop until after the park is done being built. it’s amazing to see the amount of progress they’ve made since they started.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Robert should have used a drone filming the video with an attached I Phone X, 8, or 8+ At 4K 60fps. Would have been good press and marketing.

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
It's such a great place to visit. Apple Park's main building Looks like a giant home button.
You'll see more in these video's than what you will see if you visit Apple Park, the only thing you'll be able to see for real (for most of us) is the visitor centre.
It's a nice building, nothing more, as I told many times before on this 'issue', there are plenty of places which are much-MUCH nicer than this.

ck2875

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
I really want to see Apple start jamming the drone frequencies around the campus. These drone pilots really need to stop trespassing.

Suspended
May 11, 2013
Breaking news: It rains over the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park [Update: Stopped briefly]

dwaltwhit

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
I really want to see Apple start jamming the drone frequencies around the campus. These drone pilots really need to stop trespassing.
To what end? If anything this type of thing promotes their brand. It's not like the drones are going into the building. If it was Tim Cook's house or something than by all means, this guy is a creepo. But I think it's done out of admiration.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
i guess the videos and articles won’t stop until after the park is done being built. it’s amazing to see the amount of progress they’ve made since they started.
Should they stop? I find these videos relevant and fairly interesting for such a mammoth infrastructure that's being built from the ground up and observing the progression over the last 18 months or so.

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
It’s thinking about this building today—random, I know—and I wonder how earthquake proof it is.

Walls made of glass? I’m not sure I’d want to under that huge dome of metal during an earthquake. I’m sure Apple has thought of it, but I wonder how they’ve made it safe during (the inevitable) earthquake.