New dtunes update 2.72!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by notintheleast, Dec 9, 2008.

1. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

The following features have been added (Since 2.7):

-Free torrent support

-Video Output support

I do not use torrents, so I can't comment on this functionality, but I was able to output video (and audio) from dtunes to my LCD TV. At first I only got audio output and no video. After switching the video out toggle on and off a few times, I still had no luck.

So I decided to try it the old fashioned way and put a video onto the phone from my itunes and played it through the output cable just fine.

After playing the video from the ipod app, I switched to dtunes and played the file and the video and audio output perfectly. :D

This new feature makes me really happy and excited to see what else can be done with video output, especially since the developments that Ars Technica and Freeverse have made.

Anyone else use dtunes?

2. kerph32 macrumors member

I use dTunes and have enjoyed the music downloading feature, but haven't tried the torrent feature out yet. :confused:

3. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

Do we need to buy output cables?
    Where can we find them?

4. notintheleast thread starter macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I got mine from the apple store for $50.

As to wether or not they're needed, they are, if you want to output you video to a different screen.

5. deadsouls macrumors regular

50$ just for output cables? yeesh. anyone have any luck using the much cheaper ones you can find from sites like dealextreme?