Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
With this news I'd be willing to bet that the new SR Macbooks (when they are released, of course :)) Will probably sport the X3100 or something along that line. And even though it will still be GMA, it will probably run the games in question.

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
I did not necessarily mean only the graphics card...

Well because cider only uses extra CPU power then why can't it run on a GMA on the macbook in OSX if it can do so in windows?

I'd credit it more to laziness on someones behalf. Either on EA's for not bothering to support GMA (although the game might actually run, has anyone actually tried?), or else it's on apple/intels side for not making good enough drivers.

torchwood04

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
I think you're right, it's kind of odd, actually, I think just about every Cider game I've seen-does not support the GMA 950. I *THINK* Myst Online: Uru Live runs on the GMA, even though it says it is not supported. So, if Myst Online: Uru Live can run, it is certainly possible that these games could run. It could just be a simple Info.plist hack, if at all..

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
This is BS, I've had a game running at 20fps fullscreen, in parallels on my macbook. (game is trackmania FYI).
It's pure laziness on their part not to support the macbook. I bet it would play, it's got the power, the gma950 isn't as bad as everyone makes out. No it wont be perfect, but I'm not expecting perfect, I just want to play c&c3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.