new earbuds

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by basesloaded190, Dec 9, 2007.

1. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i have had my er-6's for a while and now the wires are coming lose at the end and im only getting sound out of one ear. im thinking about upgrading when i get a new pair. i was looking and what do you guys think between the Ultimate Ears Super .fi 5 pro buds, or the Etymotic Er-4p's. i enjoyed the er-6is but i think i want to step it up a little bit.

2. cvahl macrumors member

If I was you, I would ask the same question at www.head-fi.org. You'll probably get more and better answers there...

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Those aren't earbuds; they're canalphones, or IEMs. Earbuds are the cheap little things that come with iPods :^)

The thing is, though, if your Etymiotics gave out that quickly, why would you look to another (more expensive) pair? I'd recommend lowering (instead of increasing) your budget. Personally, I've got the Creative Ep-630s, and I love them. Other good canals in the sub $100 range include the Sennheiser CX-300s, which are basically the Creatives, but with less bass. Alternatively, there are also the Shure e2cs. But yeah, I'd recommend staying under $100, as these types of phones rarely last more than a year before they need replacing.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I'd Look at Shure For headphone they have some very nice ones.

5. sportsnut macrumors regular

QFT

6. basesloaded190 thread starter macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

thanks ill head there. it wasnt the headphones that gave out, it was just wear and tear, im not even going to consider getting anything cheaper.