New EarPods Stopped Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Indy89, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Indy89 macrumors member

Hi All,

Just received my iPhone 6 last Thursday and all is great except the EarPods have stopped working. I only started using my new pair yesterday after selling my iPhone 5. Will Apple just issue a replacement pair to me?

2. inf macrumors 6502

inf

Yes of course they will

3. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

People use those??? I think I still have the ear pods from my 5 sitting in its packaging still.

4. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

For me they've been decent. One - I tend to loose things, and these give me another pair in my lost-and-found rotation XD. Two - They're actually kind of comfortable for me. Which isn't a small consideration for me as I seem to hav oddly shaped/sized ears.

5. Jazper macrumors 6502a

As someone who owns a lot of earphones, all ranging from $100 to $600, the Earpods are surprisingly pretty good - I use them occasionally.

6. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

They actually sound MUCH better if you put those foam covers on them. I started doing this years back when I went through a phase of trying to find a great pair of earbuds. I just can't get used to in ear headphones. After buying a bunch of high end earbuds I realized what was making them sound good was the rubber or foam covers that were shipped with all of them. As long as you get a decent seal from the foam they will sound much better.

And to contribute to the OP. I had a pair that the volume rocker stopped working reliably. I walked in (with an appointment) and they handed me a brand new pair in retail packaging.

7. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Send them to me! They are my favorite earbuds. :D

8. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Wow, really.
    I'm sure there are loads left in their packaging.