New education game: Math Zapper

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jeremy1026, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

iTunes Link.

Math Zapper is an education tool for children and adults alike. For children Math Zapper is able to help them to master their addition, subtraction and multiplication skills. For adults, you can never practice enough, keeping your basic math skills sharp is key to keeping brain function strong.

Math Zapper is played using the number pad and multiple go buttons. As the game is played equations fall from the sky and must be solved prior to hitting the ground. You have only 5 misses before the game is over.

Math Zapper features background music as well as sound effects. On iPhones the device will also vibrate when there is an explosion due to a missed answer. All of these functions can be turned on and off in the games settings panel. Math Zapper features high scores to track your progress through the game.

Screenshots from the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Along with the release I'll be giving away 5 promo codes, PM me for the promo codes.

2. LiquidNitrogen macrumors newbie

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I used math blaster when I was a kid (on Windows 95). It was enjoyable.

4. Jeremy1026 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Just so you know, I didn't know there was an older game by the same name. This isn't meant to be a clone of that game.

5. vandy1997 macrumors regular

6. Jeremy1026 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

7. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

I got excited too when I saw this. My daughter's math tutor uses the MS-DOS version of Math Blaster. But, it is indeed now a modern, 3D app for Windows. I just saw it on the shelf at Office Depot. You might want to change the name, at least a little, to be safe. Math Blast? Math Blazer? Knowledge Adventure is a well established company and you don't want to run afoul of them.

http://www.knowledgeadventure.com/mathblaster/

8. Jeremy1026 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

The name has been changed within iTunes. And an update has been submitted fixing the title screen. Lets hope the fine folks who wrote the original Math Blaster don't flip out while the updates process.

1026 Development's Math Blaster will now be Math Zapper.

9. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Thanks! Sorry for the hassle, but I'd hate to see your app pulled, like Duck Hunt, the original Lightsabre, etc.

10. Jeremy1026 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

No need to be sorry, thanks for the heads up. I'd rather not be pulled also.