Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
Didn't somebody say this was going to happen with a lot of people telling him he was dead wrong? I guess all the "delays" have made people into a bunch of uber skeptics.

1 down, 4 more to go.

allpar

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2002
These are very upgraded!

The bus is faster, too - seems like they're equals of the tower G4 in speed overall (faster in DVDs!). These really are a good buy now, for the first time in emac history. Still want a pizza box version.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
UK store has not been updated yet it seems.

Btw, expect some of this:

But damn, i bought my emac 3 months ago, this is SO unfair and typical of Apple, how dare they release a brand new eMac without informing me in advance, this is out of order, the next machine i'm buying is a Hell!

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
finally...

although im not particularly interested in an emac... its great to see the apple digital music company still makes computers... hooray for the apple computer company!!! now where are the dual 3gig powermac g5s and 30" monitors??? i suspect sooner than the powerbooks youre all waiting for... *crosses fingers*

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
lets through in something to rile up those skeptics...

this means imac G5's are coming out!

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
Woot!

Seeing how the college I work for is now getting VERY skeptical of Dull Computer's quality, the prices and specs of these aren't too shabby, they're all in one, and the timing this week with some budgets approved means I can manage to get about 10 or more of these purchased at the EDU pricing which will is $749 and I think I'll get one Superdrive model which is $849. Hey they're no G5 but for admin people who don't NEED more power than to run Microsuck Orfice (school policy) and some other lightweight fare these MORE than fit the bill.

THANKS APPLE!!! :D

eSnow

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2004
So, the eMac has a faster SuperDrive than the top-of-the-line G5 tower? This sound strange ...

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
Although clearly the eMac is not meant to compete with a Powerbook, I do have to say that the new eMac compared to the current lineup of Powerbooks makes you realize how outdated the PB offerings are. When I saw the new eMac specs, I had to say WOW! You are getting a nearly top of the line G4 and Superdrive for under a grand. Obviously the PB is a portable computer but the 15" is now more or less equal in performance to the eMac for goodness sake. I want a PB update pronto! Good choice for any of you who will buy this new eMac.

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
Is this the comeback for the G4? I mean PBs and iMacs do need an upgrade sooner than later. With all the mess with the PMs I don't expect G5 PBs and G5 iMacs before the end of the year.

Nice update Apple!

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
Although clearly the eMac is not meant to compete with a Powerbook, I do have to say that the new eMac compared to the current lineup of Powerbooks makes you realize how outdated the PB offerings are. When I saw the new eMac specs, I had to say WOW! You are getting a nearly top of the line G4 and Superdrive for under a grand. Obviously the PB is a portable computer but the 15" is now more or less equal in performance to the eMac for goodness sake. I want a PB update pronto! Good choice for any of you who will buy this new eMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.