New Email account for Exchange Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Nov 26, 2013.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

Can you please let me know an email provider that will allow for exchange set up on the iPhone 5S.

I have been told that when I upgrade my phone the Gmail set up as exchange will no longer work as exchange.

I have it working on my existing 4S and will jump into the 5S tonight. If I just restore from an iCloud back up, will this keep me working as a grandfathered account?

If not I am looking to forward my gmail to another account that will work as exchange and push messages.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. takeshi74, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Any hosted Exchange provider. Microsoft offers its own hosted Exchange service. IIRC Outlook.com and Hotmail use Exchange ActiveSync as well.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html

3. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Or you can toward all of your gmail to your iCloud and designate a separate SMTP under Google setting to reply email with your gmail account.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I thought the problem is it'll show the email as coming from iCloud/me/mac.com?

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Yes delete the iCloud SMTP setting and just leave the gmail SMTP setting.

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

We'll I take that back op, it doesn't seem to be working on iOS7, on iOS6 this used to work. You'll have to either deal with fletch gmail (info so), or switch to another provider.