New email doesn't autofill (recognize) Address Book "company" entry

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lylemo, Nov 30, 2009.

1. lylemo macrumors member

After upgrading to SL (10.6.2), when I try to enter an address in a new email for a name listed as a "company" in Address Book, that name doesn't show up in the autofill list. I have to type (or copy & paste) the email address as though it weren't listed in Address Book. I shouldn't have to change all "company" listings to "personal names"; that's my only other "remedy" at this moment. No first and/or last names are entered on those Address Book cards. Any suggestions?

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

My only suggestion is open the Address Book from the new message toolbar and drag and drop the business name into the To, Cc or Bcc field.
    You can just drag the "Business" group name from the left side of the Address Book if you want all of them. Right clicking Business in the field allows you to expand the addresses if required.

Feedback to Apple http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html
    S.

3. lylemo thread starter macrumors member

Ashka,
    Thank you for your reply. I had frequently been using copy & paste from Address Book card, but I was hoping I could get autofill to work instead of calling up Address Book. I am posting to Apple Feedback, as you have suggested.
    lylemo