New email from T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YMark, Jul 29, 2011.

1. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I received an email this morning from T-Mobile about some latest news in regards to ATT. There were some canned "questions and answers", one in particular about the iPhone:

Q: Is T-Mobile USA getting the iPhone?

A: T-Mobile USA remains an independent company, as the acquisition is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. We’ll continue to offer cutting-edge 4G devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G, as well as the new Sidekick 4G, the T-Mobile G2x and the G-Slate tablet coming later this spring.

Now my degree is in engineering and not reading comprehension, but does the response to the question actually answer the question?

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I know this is wishful thinking, but I hope the intentionally vague answer is a hint at things to come ;)

3. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

I was thinking the same thing. T-Mobile didn't say they weren't getting the iPhone. And I can see why they wouldn't say they are, as that would hurt sales for existing devices.

4. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone at Tmobile know if they will be getting an iPhone? The only people that know are Apple and if and when they announce it, then everyone will know.

Its amazing how many of the (uneducated) public put their trust in a companies customer service when it comes to stuff like this.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Take it any way you want to.
    Either way noone will know for sure untill its official.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Funny, my reading was that the answer was totally evasive to avoid saying that there was no way they would be getting iPhone.

Just an alternate interpretation of the same data. Vagueness leads to that - multiple possible interpretations. ;)

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Looks to me like the answer is, No! At least until the "merger" as they are calling it is official.

Dont matter to me either way. Unless the iPhone gets a bigger screen of at least 4", and it is more open source, i probably wont be switching back to one anyways.

8. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

The answer is yes, but they will be called AT&T by then.