New emails coming through as read

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by LixLev, Sep 22, 2008.

1. LixLev macrumors regular

Over the last few days, whenever I have got a new email, it has shown up as read (without the blue dot). I don't understand why this is?

Anyone else having this issue?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Did you view it online first? What mail service?

3. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

It's the mobileme service '@me.com'. They come through on my Mail, iPhone and mobileme browser as read, although sometimes the odd one trickles in as unread. It's really weird.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

If you have viewed the mail online through the Web interface, it will show up as read.

Not the case?

5. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, it comes through as read on all 3, so if I receive an email, my Mail, iPhone and mobileme web don't mark it as unread. They all mark it as read, even though I haven't read it on any of them.

6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I'm having the opposite thing happen using mobileme and mac mail.
    Everytime I delete an email from my mbp or my iPod touch, it shows up on the mbp or iPod touch as unread in the trash folder. Same thing if the email is considered junk -- shows up as unread on either device.
    Can't figure out what the heck is wrong.:confused:

7. MWillis561 macrumors member

MWillis561

I'm having the exact thing happen to me. But it comes and goes. Sometimes messages that I received will be marked as read even though I've never viewed them on both the iphone or web. I tried checking apple support but couldn't find anything.