new(er) macbook for me lastnight

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tha5150, Mar 19, 2009.

1. tha5150 macrumors member

yeah!! got myself a nice new toy. all started out 6 months ago with a 2 year old white macbook. 2.0Ghz intel duo core, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD and dvd burner. lastnight i got a 2.4Ghz intel duo core 2, "black" with 2GB RAM (4GB Max) DL burner support, 240gb HDD, new video card and battery. so so so so so happy. no more spinning wheel. more importantly, i will be able to use Snow Leopard better now when it comes out.

just wanted to share my joy. thanks for tuning in. :)

2. waiwai macrumors regular

they sell black macbooks new still??? what video card is in it??? the 9400m???

regardless... gratz...

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

4. tha5150 thread starter macrumors member

yes, it is the x3100. it is the 2.4 black one. before i had it in my possetion, i thought it might be a mistake on the sellers behalf. i got it for 800 bucks. :) and selling my other one for 650, hopefully today or tonight.

5. tha5150 thread starter macrumors member

one question though.. it is still under warrantee until august 09. how do i register this in my name until then? possible? i dont know if he registered it or not yet.

6. waiwai macrumors regular

i dont think its transferrable... but all u would need is to have original receipts and stuff to send over to show ur the new owner and the warranty should go thru, should u ever require warranty services...

7. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

It's not really necessary within the first year. You should just buy the extended Applecare when you do you will have to register the extended Applecare under your name.