New Facebook app designed with iPhone "5" in mind?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by VSMacOne, Aug 24, 2012.

1. VSMacOne, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012

VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

After playing with the new Facebook app (which is tons better than the previous one IMO), I feel like the app designer either messed up or actually designed the app with the new taller iPhone in mind.
    Look at the size of the compose boxes. There's so much space waste on either side and after starting to write a few lines, it's really difficult to see anything else on the screen. Of course, this behavior will be just fine on the new iPhone which is slated to have a longer screen.
    What do you guys think? Is the Apple/Facebook collaboration closer than we think? Could the Facebook engineers have any knowledge about the next iPhone?

Here are a couple of screenshots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345823239.195632.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345823253.725478.jpg

Even the way text is handled when you look at a picture full screen makes me think how much better it would be on a taller screen.
    Anybody else?

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

That doesn't make sense, they would make it responsive.

Because still a lot of people will own the older models on which would it be weird.

3. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

What I'm saying is, this updated app will make more sense on the new iPhone with bigger screen. On the 4S it actually feels weird and like a step back when it comes to the size of all the comment boxes.
    Just an observation.

4. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot

hmmm... probably they had a "glimpse" of the 5....

5. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

On a side note, has anybody figured out how to tag somebody in a picture that's uploaded thru Instagram?

6. loaferkan macrumors member

loaferkan

Perhaps, they should collaborate to make things working and easier for the users and saw the model of iPhone "5"

7. eneirdacalista macrumors newbie

i would like to know the answer to this too!!

8. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Probably just a bug. They haven't set the maximum height of the comment box properly.

9. dan4877 macrumors newbie

Ya, doubt facebook had insight on the new iphone. Although I'm excited for the new bigger screen. A LOT of apps will look better on the new version!

10. OsideRida06 macrumors member

I doubt that these two things are related. They should scale based on the phone. On another note, I do LOVE the new app. Even though they took out some major features, it is nice to have an app that works for a change.

11. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Absolutely. I think Facebook is one that will look even better on the new iPhone! In my opinion it's the perfect solution: same width but additional viewing space for more content. Win!