'New' Fans - opinions please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by machineage, Aug 5, 2013.

1. machineage macrumors newbie

Hi all - my first post so be gentle :)

I just bought a couple of fans from the bay for my Macbook Pro. No real reason other than I'm looking to sell it soon and want to make sure the fans don't give out just after a sale!

Anyway - the fans arrive which were specified for my machine. However - the left side fan has a faint but distinct rattle when my machine is slightly inclined - and the right side fan doesn't even fit properly. What's more the right side fan has some paint chips to the edges - and a part missing 'warranty void if removed' sticker. They came in unsealed 'zip' bags. Pictures below.

Should these have come in sealed bags - and what about the warranty sticker?

They came from a company with a very high feedback rating on the bay - but I would like some opinions as I'm just about sick of some sellers trying it on...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. machineage thread starter macrumors newbie

My right side fan

Attached Files:

3. machineage thread starter macrumors newbie

The right side fan they sent

Attached Files:

4. machineage thread starter macrumors newbie

Chips and marks around the edge of the fan on close inspection

Attached Files:

5. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I would return them, as they are not fit for purpose. When I replaced a set of fans in an Early 2008 15" MBP both fans fitted perfectly and run the same as when the machine was first bought. From what I remember mine came in separate sealed bags with part numbers etc.

6. machineage thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!

Well they are sending out replacements - I have enquired as to whether they are sealed in bags as I would have expected them to be sealed. Looks to me like these have been lifted from used machines.