New FCP help needed!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by glovesave33, Aug 12, 2009.

1. glovesave33 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a problem that I am sure has an easy fix, but I cannot remember how to make it work. I am building a split screen with 2 different video images. I need to have BOTH video's audio playing in the final product. What settings do I use to make this happen? Do I need to adjust my timeline patch panel settings?? I need to wrap this video today and am completely stuck. I realize this is a simple problem, thanks for the help!!

Final Cut Studio 2 latest update.

2. ClivePwned macrumors member

that's kinda the default behaviour in FCP isn't it? To bring in all audio with each video clip when you place it on the timeline?

so either
    a- there was no audio
    b- its been delinked and deleted
    c- the track is muted
    d- something else

You have to delink the audio from the video in order to edit them independently (i think it's command L) in order to lose sync, unless that audio track is muted.

Can you post a screenshot of a section of your timeline- including the audiochannels

(command+shift+3 then you see a cursor- you can draw a box that will be turned into a screenshot saved to your desktop)

3. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

It could be an issue with the number of Audio tracks, just create a bunch more and layer down your clips. Delete excessive tracks if necessary.