New Feature in 2.1! Webapps can run FULL SCREEN!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Oct 3, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

2. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

3. sibruk macrumors 6502a

It appears all you need to add are a few meta tags, along with the standard viewport tags...
    Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
    <meta names="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent" />

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yay! About time. This should've been in from the beginning of homescreen web icons.

Of course, the totally proprietary meta tags get a zero for a standardization attempt.

Slowly, but surely, Apple is reinventing the Microsoft .hta web app. Now, they just need to give the pages the same power as .hta's, with access to native calls and info.

5. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Safari itself needs a fully full screen option. Maybe a simultaneous tap with two digits to lose/bring up the borders, could be implemented.

6. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

7. alFR macrumors 68020

I doubt they'll do that. Apart from the meta tags you mention, they've taken pains to encourage web apps to comply with open web standards: developing a proprietary web app architecture would be a pretty radical departure from that.

8. waw74 macrumors 68030

it works great, except it breaks window.orientation and related window.onorientationchange event.

i read about this coming up a few months ago

i have web pages that load different content when the phone is rotated 90deg and that function doesn't work anymore.
    I've set up a quick thing to read window.orientation and it always reads 0 (normal upright)