Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Hey everyone, asking because I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I'm wondering if its available in earlier iOS versions and I've just overlooked it somehow.

I had a phone call earlier that left a message (rare occurrence these days) and I wanted to see if I could find someway to send it to my wife. That when I noticed the share button on the voicemail. I clicked it and found that I could save it directly to the Voice Memos app or send it via email or MMS as an audio file. Pretty awesome feature that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere!

O3V9thi.png

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Cool. I haven't seen this listed anywhere else either. Looking forward to that when b2 comes out.

CanadaMaple

macrumors member
May 1, 2015
I used to use a jailbreak tweak for this. Although it stopped being updated after iOS 6. This is great!

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
It is so sad that visual voicemail is still not a widely supported feature. In my country only one major provider offers it and you have to pay extra for it (24 euro a year). I've read that the situation isn't much better in other countries. Such an incredibly useful feature and I only got to enjoy it for two years. A solution to a well-known hassle and it's not mainstream. Still, it's cool that Apple continues to improve it.

Reactions: Hustler1337

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Funny, my girlfriend just asked me a few days ago if she could easily send a voicemail. I answered at least not natively.

Go figure! Pretty cool find.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Well spotted OP, neat find! Should prove to be useful for those voicemails that you have difficulty hearing and need to play back repeatedly :)

It is so sad that visual voicemail is still not a widely supported feature. In my country only one major provider offers it and you have to pay extra for it (24 euro a year). I've read that the situation isn't much better in other countries. Such an incredibly useful feature and I only got to enjoy it for two years. A solution to a well-known hassle and it's not mainstream. Still, it's cool that Apple continues to improve it.

I live in the UK and the same applies here, only one network provides this feature. Shocking to see that visual voicemail is still not widely available seeing as its been around for some years now and that iPhones make up a sizeable portion of the market. I'm pretty sure its not that costly nor that difficult to set up a visual voicemail system on their network.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Awesome!!! I have wanted this feature for years... Now if they would just add voicemail dictation, folders, and per user/group greeting visual voicemail would be up to date.

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
Well spotted OP, neat find! Should prove to be useful for those voicemails that you have difficulty hearing and need to play back repeatedly :)

I live in the UK and the same applies here, only one network provides this feature. Shocking to see that visual voicemail is still not widely available seeing as its been around for some years now and that iPhones make up a sizeable portion of the market. I'm pretty sure its not that costly nor that difficult to set up a visual voicemail system on their network.

Really? As far as I know, all carriers support it in the US as well as in Germany and Japan...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.