NEW - FEATURED iPhone / iPod touch RSS Web App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Grecko Fish, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Grecko Fish macrumors newbie

I have just publicly released my new iPhone / iPod RSS web app.

Its the FEATURED APP on Apple's own web apps page, under 'NEWS' and is also a STAFF PICK.

Link to Apple's web app directory can be found here: http://www.apple.com/webapps/news/index_top.html

Check it out. I'd love to know what you think!

*** WEB APP LINK IN SIGNATURE BELOW ***

2. patrickj macrumors regular

Checked it out and it looks OK. No offense, but what will be your angle for this vs., say, Google Reader? Goog Reader has a lot more features and a pretty slick UI. And there's a native app - MobileRSS - that gives you a local storage capabilty. So is yours going to expand a lot on its pre-set lists of feed items, or what will be its big selling point?

3. Grecko Fish thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comment.

I have a little smaller budget than google at the moment :)

So im trying to offer a colourful and simple alternative to what is already being offered by google.

In the future i hope for users to be able to create accounts where by they can select which feeds they would like to see and they will be able to completely customize the look and feel of the site.

But unfortunately for now this is all i am able to afford to do. Thank you for your input and i hope you can find the time to come back again.

Grecko

4. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

5. Grecko Fish thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome!

You don't know it yet but you've just made my day! Im extatic that someone is going to find this useful.

Awesome!

Thank you! Spread the word.

Grecko